Wellington Perl Mongers is a group that meets monthly to discuss topics related to programming in Perl. There is no membership or registration process – if you're interested, just turn up. If you're looking for Perl help between meetings, use the mailing list or IRC.
The next meeting of Wellington Perl Mongers will be on Tuesday August 15th.
This month we're doing "Script Spotlight":
Briefly tell us about a script you've written and use regularly. Things you might talk about:
- What problem it solves - how it makes your life better
- An interesting feature of the code
- Ideas you have for making it better
- What made it super easy (e.g.: a CPAN module, a feature of Perl, etc.)
- Did you write your script in Perl - why/why not?
If you can't immediately think of a candidate script then here are some places to look to jog your memory:
- your $HOME/bin directory
- your cgi-bin directory
- scripts called from cron jobs
- scripts called from your editor
- scripts attached to a hot key
- Nagios checks
Get on the mailing list or contact Grant if you'd like to volunteer to speak or suggest a talk topic for a future meeting.
Visit the archive page to check out topics we've covered and refer to some of the slides
Wellington Perl Mongers meets on the second Tuesday of each month.
If you would like to volunteer to speak or would like to suggest another topic, speak up on the mailing list.
The Wellington Perl Mongers mailing list currently has very low traffic levels - don't be afraid to subscribe :-)
Visit the list information page to subscribe, or to view the list archives.
The 'official' IRC channel for Wellington Perl Mongers is #wellington.pm on irc.perl.org.
For further information, please contact